Jumbo-Visma Perkasa, Sepp Kuss Won, Primoz Roglic Sturdy
The Jumbo-Visma Team is truly powerful in Stage 15 of Vuelta a Espana 2019, Sunday (September 8). Young driver from the United States, Sepp Kuss, was able to steal the victory at the stage which ended at the top of Puerto del Acebo. Behind him, the captain Primoz Roglic remained unwavering, firmly leading the general classification (GC).
The top teams play strategy in Stage 15. Jumbo-Visma, Movistar, and Astana both placed representatives in the breakaway group . In addition to chasing victory, also in case if needed to help the team captain at the end of the stage.
Entering the last climb, the breakaway group was still ahead for about five minutes over the platoon. They began to compete to pursue victory.
One by one the drivers in front carried out an attack on the 7.9 km slope, which had an average slope of 9.7 percent. The most devastating finally is Sepp Kuss. The 24-year racer skyrocketed when the climb still left 6.5 km. After that he was not overtaken.
Ruben Guerreiro (Katusha-Alpecin) finished second, followed by Tao Geoghegan Hart (Team Ineos). They left 39 seconds behind in the finish line.
Meanwhile, in the main platoon, the seeds immediately showed off their strength at the start of the closing slope. Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) is most aggressive, but Roglic is able to stick to it. Even Roglic finally finished in front of Valverde, even though the record time was calculated the same.
In the back, the other seeds scattered. The most severe is Nairo Quintana (Movistar). With this result, Roglic still wore a red jersey, still winning 2 minutes 25 seconds over Valverde. Behind them, the distance is far away.
For cycling fans who are excited to see the uphill competition at La Vuelta, this Monday night (9 September), they are obliged to watch Stage 16. The route is a little shorter, only 144.4 km. But the ending is more sinister. Climb the Alto de la Cubilla, Lena, a categorie hors climb at an altitude of 1,690 meters! Can Primoz Roglic still be shaken? (riding bicycle)
Stage 15 Results of Vuelta a Espana 2019 (Top Ten)
1. Sepp Kuss (United States) Jumbo-Visma 4:19:04
2. Ruben Guerreiro (Portugal) Katusha-Alpecin + 39 seconds
3. Tao Geoghegan Hart (English) Team Ineos + 40
4. Oscar Rodriguez (Spain) Euskadi-Murias + 53
5. Mark Padun (Ukraine) Bahrain-Merida + 1:49
6. Ben O’Connor (Australia) Dimension Data + 2:05
7. Lawson Craddock (US) EF Education First + 2:11
8. Primoz Roglic (Slovenia) Jumbo-Visma + 2:14
9. Alejandro Valverde (Spain) Movistar + 2:14
10. Sander Armee (Belgium) Lotto-Soudal + 2:48
General Classification after 15 of 21 Stage
1. Primoz Roglic (Slovenia) Jumbo-Visma, 58:10:32
2. Alejandro Valverde (Spain) Movistar, + 2:25
3. Tadej Pogacar (Slovenia) UAE Emirates Team, + 3:42
4. Miguel Angel Lopez (Colombia) Astana, + 3:59
5. Nairo Quintana (Colombia) Movistar, + 5:09
6. Rafal Majka (Poland) Bora-Hansgrohe + 7:14
7. Nicolas Edet (France) Cofidis Solutions Credits + 9:08
8. Wilco Kelderman (Netherlands) Team Sunweb + 9:15
9. Carl Fredrik Hagen (Norway) Lotto-Soudal + 9:44
10. Hermann Pernsteiner (Austria) Bahrain-Merida + 11:39