Quartararo Magic Has Not Been Able to Bring the Yamaha Satellite Team to Win Since 2002!
Four times, the 20-year-old MotoGP rookie looks amazing, Fabio Quartararo is the best Yamaha Satellite racer to date (top Edwards, Zarco and Crutchlow). He is often second in this year, always behind Marquez. At Valencia, the last chance to win. The data shows that no Yamaha satellite team has ever won … Even Quartararo’s magic has not been able to bring the Yamaha satellite team to win since 2002!
Tech3-Yamaha formed the Yamaha satellite team from 2002 until the end of 2018, stars like Shinya Nakano, Olivier Jacque, Andrea Dovizioso, Cal Crutchlow, Pol Espargaro, Jonas Folger and Johann Zarco never won a MotoGP victory.
This year, Petronas-Yamaha is back in the role of satellite team. Rookie Fabio Quartararo is a prodigy, having finished fourth at Yamaha Petronas, El Diablo’s magic never won him, even though he was armed with a 500 rpm engine speed higher since the Buriram GP. In Catalunya, Misano, Buriram and Motegi Quartararo each get 20 points, always behind world champion Marc Marquez.
Yamaha and Ducati Satellite Teams Never Win
In Valencia this year’s closing series, the French driver will have the last chance at the 2019 MotoGP. Fabio suffered a very small defeat with this year’s YZR-M1-Yamaha at Buriram. Hard to believe: So far, no satellite team from Ducati or Yamaha has won a MotoGP race.
Best position for Yamaha satellite team since 2002 (gap behind the series winner)
- 0.171 seconds Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha, P2), 2019 Buriram
- 0.251 seconds Johann Zarco (Yamaha Tech3, P2), Las Termas 2018
- 0.337 seconds Johann Zarco (Yamaha Tech3, P2) 2017 Valencia
- 0.870 seconds Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha, P2), Motegi 2019
- 0.903 seconds Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha, P2), Misano 2019
- 1,360 seconds Colin Edwards (Yamaha Tech3, P2), Donington 2009
- 1.559 seconds Cal Crutchlow (Tech3 Yamaha, P2), Sachsenring 2013
- 2,660 seconds Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yam., P2), Catalunya 2019