Mads Pedersen and Primoz Roglic were named the best racers of the year by UCI. Pedersen as the road race world champion . While Roglic as a rider with the most points throughout the year. The title was awarded at the 2019 UCI Cycling Gala in Guilin, China, Tuesday night (10/22).
Pedersen became world champion in the race from Leeds to Harrogate last September. The Danish driver became the leader with a record of 6 hours 27 minutes and 28 seconds. He outperformed Matteo Trentin and Stefan Kung.
While Roglic was ranked first in the world with 4705.28 points. The Slovenian Cyclist won a number of races during 2019. Such as the UAE Tour, Tirreno-Adriatico, Tour de Romandie, Giro dell’Emilia, Tre Valli Varesine, and La Vuelta Ciclista a Espana.
“I want to congratulate everyone who receives the award,” said UCI President David Lappartient. “All contributed greatly to the success of this season. We hope to see them on the streets again next season, “he continued.
This year’s UCI Cycling Gala is the fifth edition. This event was held to give awards to racers, teams, individuals, record holders, to the best fans throughout the year.
“This event aims to give appreciation to the drivers for their achievements this year. They have written some of the best sheets in the history of bicycle sports, “Lappartient added in the official UCI release. (riding bicycle)
List of UCI Cycling Gala 2019 Award Recipients:
2019 UCI Road World Championships:
Yorkshire (United Kingdom)
Men Elite UCI World Champion road race:
Mads Pedersen (Denmark)
UCI World Champion Women’s Elite road race:
Annemiek van Vleuten (Netherlands)
Men Elite UCI World Champion individual time trial:
Rohan Dennis (Australia)
UCI World Champion Women’s Elite individual time trial:
Chloé Dygert (United States)
UCI World Champions mixed time relay trial
team : Netherlands national team.
2019 UCI World Ranking (Men):
– Best rider: Primoz Roglic (Slovenia)
– Best team: Deceuninck – Quick-Step (Belgium)
2019 UCI Women’s World Tour:
– Best rider: Marianne Vos (Netherlands)
– Best young rider: Lorena Wiebes (Netherlands)
– Best team: Boels Dolmans Cycling Team (Netherlands)
2019 para-cycling season:
– Best handbike (H) division athlete: Andrea Eskau (Germany)
– Best tricycle (T) division athlete: Jianxin Chen (China)
– Best cycle (C) division athlete: Ricardo Ten (Spain)
– Best tandem (B) division athlete: Emma Foy et Hannah Van Kampen (New Zealand)
UCI Hour Record timed by Tissot:
– Victor Campenaerts (Belgium) – 55,089km on April 16, 2019 in Aguascalientes (Mexico)
UCI President’s Award:
– Greg LeMond (United States), for the 30th anniversary of his UCI Road World Championships-Tour de France double
– Beefeaters’ sequence (at the 18th stage of the 2019 Tour de France).